George W. Bush Still Irritated With Kanye West....

Kanye West Hurricane Katrina
Oh well, this just goes to show that when the truth hurts, it can hurt for a while. Or not. Hard to say why, but “tight lipped” George W. Bush is still disgruntled over some comments Kanye West made in the wake of Hurricane Katrina…five years and one President ago. But it’s true. And, like most other big stars, George W. went straight to Matt Lauer to talk about it. Who wouldn’t, really. He told Matt Lauer that Kanye West’s shocking statement that “George Bush doesn’t care about black people” in the wake of Hurricane Katrina was “one of the most disgusting moments in my Presidency.” Spike Lee made a 256 minute documentary with the same sentiment, but I guess George is more of a Tom Hanks movie kind of man. You can expect to see these quotes airing on Monday November 8:
“I didn’t appreciate it then. I don’t appreciate it now. It’s one thing to say, ‘I don’t appreciate the way he’s handled his business.’ It’s another thing to say, ‘This man’s a racist.’ I resent it, it’s not true, and it was one of the most disgusting moments in my Presidency.”
And that’s out of a lot of disgusting moments! During the interview, Matt read an excerpt from George Bush’s upcoming memoir Decision Points, which comes out November 9.
“I faced a lot of criticism as President. I didn’t like hearing people claim that I lied about Iraq’s weapons of mass destruction or cut taxes to benefit the rich. But the suggestion that I was racist because of the response to Katrina represented an all time low.”
For Kanye, he is so over the Bush thing. He’s still trying to explain why he stormed the stage when Taylor Swift won her MTV Video Award. “The situation is bigger to me than the Bush moment,” he told New York radio station Hot 97. Weighing in on an argument between George Bush and Kanye West is like making a call on which dying moose has a more beautiful voice. Maybe George Bush should have done, I don’t know, anything to change the perception that he doesn’t care about black people. But also, IT’S KANYE. It’s not like he was being taken down by Dr. Maya Angelou, a.k.a. someone who actually knows what they’re talking about. Which leaves all of us to wonder, it must be a sad sad news day when the only thing for Bush to complain about is something that happened 5 years ago…amidst a LOT of other things to talk about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive